Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dog Friend of the Month: ABBY!!!

What is your full name?
My real name is actually Abita - yes, like the beer.  Abby is what my friends call me, though.  Mom has lots of nicknames for me - Bita, Bit-Bit, Smiley, Abs...the list goes on!

Age?
I am two.  Mom and Dad adopted me in September 2010.  My brothers and sisters and I used to live with at this place with a whole bunch of goats when we were little...I kind of miss those goats sometimes.

What is your favorite place to take a walk?
Being from Florida, when I first moved to St. Louis I really missed the beach and all the smells there.  But then we started going to Forest Park every day - I loved the snow and all the geese I got to chase!  I forgot all about the sand.  Now I am really into the Mutton Strut - I get to see my dog friends and be outside with my people in Tower Grove!  It's amazing.

What is the tastiest treat?
I love love LOVE my liver treats.  And I REALLY love my salmon treats. And my pumpkin treats. And especially the kind Amy brings to my house. And...

What is the one item you couldn't live without?
I could not live without my dragon toy.  I kind of broke my first one, so now I have a replacement dragon - I have tried to be more careful with this one, but out of the 16 squeakers it has, I think only one or two still work.  Oh well.  It's still my favorite thing, I take it with me lots of places.  Between that and my squeaky ball, I'm pretty set. My people don't seem as fond of those toys as me, I'm not sure why...

Car rides or belly rubs?
Most definitely belly rubs.  Car rides stress me out.

Who is a famous dog you most idolize?
I don't know if you know her, but my dog friend Ziva is pretty cool.  I am always trying to impress her by showing her my toys.

What is the most embarrassing thing your people have made you do?
One time mom and dad made me dress up like the white rabbit for Halloween.  That was pretty bad.  Once I got the ears off, it was better.

What is your most mischievous moment?
Speaking of rabbits, this spring I got under the porch trying to chase one, and accidentally rolled in insulation.  I learned my lesson - I had to go to the vet to get a shot because of all the hives!  I still have it out for that rabbit.  But Mom and Dad say I'm a good girl, so it must be true.







No comments:

Post a Comment